Access the GENERATIVE DESIGN Workspace
- On the toolbar, click SCULPT to change workspace.
- Select the GENERATIVE DESIGN workspace from the drop-down list.
Note: In the browser, notice that the Study 1 - Generative creates automatically.
- In the browser, click next to Model Components, and then click next to GE Bracket to expand the list of components.
Choose Units for the Generative study
You may have set different default units than are initially defined when Fusion 360 is installed. Also, the generative units are independent from the units specified in the MODEL workspace. So, the units system can change when you switch to the GENERATIVE DESIGN workspace. Therefore, verify that the proper units are specified to be consistent with this tutorial.
- In the browser, mouse over Units, and then click .
- In the Units Settings dialog, select U.S. (in) from the Default Unit Set drop-down list.
- Click OK.
Specify the Synthesis Settings for the Generative study
The synthesis settings allow you to specify the desired resolution of outcomes. The more accurate the solution, the more time the application needs to complete the calculation.
- In the MANAGE panel of the GENERATIVE DESIGN toolbar, click Settings.
Note: Alternatively, you can access the Settings dialog from the browser. Right-click Study 1 - Generative, and select Settings from the context menu.
- In the Settings dialog, set the slider position as shown in the following image.
- Click OK.