Open the GE Bracket model
In the Samples section of your Data Panel, browse to Basic Training > 12 - Generative Design > GE Bracket, as follows:
- If the Data Panel is not currently shown, click the Show Data Panel icon at the top of the screen.The Data Panel appears at the left side of the program window.
- The top level (home view) of the Data Panel is divided into two subsections: PROJECTS and SAMPLES. Scroll to the bottom of the PROJECTS list, if necessary, to see the SAMPLES list.
- Locate the Basic Training entry under SAMPLES and double-click it.
The Data Panel now displays a list of the folders containing the training lesson models.
- Double-click the 12 - Generative Design folder.
- Double-click the GE Bracket model, or right-click it, and then select Open from the context menu.
Save the Model
When you open a sample model in Fusion for the first time, it appears in the SCULPT workspace. The model is read-only, and you must save a copy of it to a personal project.
- Click File > Save as.
- Enter GE Bracket Quick Start Tutorial in the name field.
- Expand the arrow button next to the Location field.
- Create a project to store your training models.
- Click New Project.
- Enter Generative Design Tutorials.
- Press Enter.
- Double-click the Generative Design Tutorials project to make it the current file saving location.
- Create a folder within the project to store your training models.
- Click New Folder.
- Enter GE Bracket.
- Press Enter.
- Double-click the GE Bracket folder to make it the current file saving location.
- Click Save.